I was born in a Catholic Hospital in Bend, Oregon. Back then it wasn't a resort town, it was just a little country town with some farms and people with dreams. I grew up as an Army brat, my father served tours in Korea, Viet Nam, France and Germany before I was in High School. In 1973 my mother passed away from breast cancer and our family moved to Ft. Wainwright, Alaska. Within a year my father had suffered a heart attack which put him out of the Army and returned us to Twin Falls, Idaho. Here, I was to graduate from High School and have forever called Twin Falls, ID the place I come from....
- Enlisted into the Army on June 3, 1975. Attended Basic Training and Infantry Advanced Individual Training at Ft. Polk, LA.
- Promoted to SSG after five years and eight months from the secondary zone.
- Attended Warrant Officer Candidate School and the Warrant Officer Aviation Course June 1981 to May 1982.
- Retired from the Army as a CW3 on June 30, 1995 (20 years and 28 days).
- Qualified in the UH-1 (Huey), OH-58A/C and JOH-58C (J denotes testing and development version) (Jetranger), UH-60 and EH-60 (Blackhawk) with 2,450 Flight Hours (Senior Aviator). Hours: 1,782 (Pilot-in-Command) 736 (Night Vision Goggles) 76 (Weather) 418 (Mountainous Terrain above 5,000 Feet) 82 (Deck Landings - Ship).
- 9 Years experience as an Aviation Safety Officer.
- 10 Months as the Property Book Officer of the 128th Aviation Company.
- Served in Desert Shield/Storm 1991-1992 (236th Medical Company). Flew 67 combat Medevac missions at night (NVG) and day.
- 6 months as Assistant Battalion S-4 and 12 months as the S-4 (Logistical Officer) of an Aviation Battalion. (2nd Battalion, 4th Aviation Brigade).
- 5 months as an Automation Integration Officer.
- Graduated Twin Falls Senior High (Twin Falls, ID) 1975.
- Accumulated over 100 credit hours of college level credit from various University Extension Programs, CLEP and ACE (for job experience credit).
- Attended and continue to attend many technical courses provided by computer industry vendors.
- System Administrator on Windows 2000/2003 servers in a Windows 2003 domain.
- System support for Windows 2000/XP Professional workstations, both laptop (mobile) and desktop.
- System Administrator on various Linux servers under various distributions (Redhat/Fedora/Debian/CentOS).
- E-Mail systems: Sendmail, Qmail and Postfix.
- Web Servers: Apache, Aolserver and Internet Information Server.
- Internet server applications/frameworks: OpenACS, MovableType, Drupal, Textpattern, WordPress, Plone, and Microsoft Sharepoint.
June 26 , 2007 - Still updating this page, check back later for completed entry...
Return to Personal Contents.